The second HEALTHIO event is drawing closer and preparations are already under way – HEALTHIO 2018 will be held at Fira de Barcelona from 16 to 18 October. Many of last year’s participants have confirmed they will be back and there are numerous new uptakes of health professionals, innovators, and patients set to engage in HEALTHIO 2018.
As you probably know, HEALTHIO is a Fira de Barcelona platform covering the entire health ecosystem where stakeholders can learn about, try out, and experience the innovations at the cutting-edge of health.
The first HEALTHIO event took place from 3 to 5 May 2017 and was a meeting point for Patients/Citizens, Health Professionals, and Innovators (start-ups or large companies).
HEALTHIO drew over 3,400 people representing 95 different institutions and featured a fully innovative format, with the staging of 25 experiential itineraries, 311 simultaneous speeches in five agora-chats throughout the event, seminars and workshops, and co-creation sessions.
From HEALTHIO we would like to mention some of the new events and confirmations for HEALTIO 2018, so here they go: 10 New Happenings at HEALTHIO 2018.
- Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and Hospital Vall d’Hebron will be back with their joint stand and the participation of many of their health professionals in the agora chats and workshops.
- Roche Diabetes Care (Accu-Chek) has confirmed its participation in the diabetes itinerary with the mySugr app that helps improve the daily lives of diabetes patients.
- Sanitas Hospitales, with a great innovative spirit, will present multiple hospital innovations at HEALTHIO that reflect the hospital of today and tomorrow.
- Sanitas Mayores will be present like last year and is set to showcase its innovations in the “Healthy Aging” itinerary.
- Sanitas Seguros will also take part in HEALTHIO. The company is driving very important innovations with its Blua platform.
- Various hospitals, including Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, the Consorci Sanitari Integral (CSI), the Consorci Sanitari de Terrassa (CST), the Innovation Unit of Hospital Clínico San Carlos – San Carlos Health Research Institute (IdISSC) and the Althaia Foundation have already confirmed their participation this year.
- EIT Health Spain will be present at HEALTHIO. The EIT HEALTH project is a European think tank comprising over 50 core partners and 90 associate partners committed to health innovation and its impact on improving quality of life for people across the continent.
- Biocat and Banco Sabadell will together organize the Health & Bio Team Dating events between innovations, researchers, and investors to train teams to make way for new business synergies and start-ups.
- Patients/citizens will also be represented at HEALTHIO 2018 with the Canary Islands Patients’ School. Patients’ schools endeavor to provide a dynamic and accessible response to the new needs of patients and their families.
- Plus various patient organizations will be present at HEALTHIO 2018 either with a stand or by engaging in the agora chats and/or itineraries.
We look forward to seeing you at HEALTHIO 2018 at Fira de Barcelona from 16 to 18 October.
Dr. Jordi Serrano Pons